Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Introducing The GF Taste Project

I'm starting a bit of a project. Here's the story:

In my practice, I see clients who have celiac disease. Sure, I know the science of it, but I haven't had much experience with the actual experience of eating gluten-free (GF) foods. Minus all the hype, I would never recommend going gluten-free unless it was necessary. Not only is it a very restrictive diet (and I say that with caution--it can also be healthy when planned correctly), but it can also be lacking in some important nutrients. Therefore, since I don't have celiac disease, I don't typically purchase gluten-free foods, unless they just naturally come that way, of course.

I've recently become associated with GFreeConnect.com--a company with an innovative idea: they send "care packs" to subscribers every three months. The care packs are affordable and offer subscribers the chance to sample TONS of products (via free samples included or coupons). They were kind enough to send me a care pack to get a chance to see "in person" what I could potentially recommend to my clients. And I was totally impressed! Many of my reviews will be of products I received in my care pack. I highly recommend GFreeConnect to people who have been newly diagnosed with celiac disease as an opportunity to find some products that will fit your new lifestyle (and still taste good).

So this is what led to what I will call, "The GF Taste Project." This will be an ongoing project/series in which I'm going to be sampling GF foods and reviewing them online. Please forward the blog to anyone you know who follows a gluten-free diet so they can get in on the action! If there's a product you'd like me to try or you have a review of your own to pass on, please do!

First taste test, coming up in the next few days.

For more information on celiac disease, gluten intolerance, dermatitis herpetiformis and the gluten-free diet, visit expert Shelley Case's website. I also see patients in St. Louis who need to follow a GF diet; visit my website for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?